Security BSides Kraków is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community. Facilitating a pleasant atmosphere for all Participants is a core aim of the Security BSides Kraków organisers and as a participant you agree to be bound by the Security BSides Kraków Participant Code-of-Conduct.
• To ensure a constructive, inclusive and pleasant atmosphere for all volunteers and Participants of the Security BSides Kraków conference.
• To ensure that all participants know what behaviour they have a right to expect from other Participants, volunteers and organisers.
• To ensure that all participants know what behaviour is expected of them whilst attending the Security BSides Kraków conference.
• Treat the organisers and volunteers with respect and follow any instructions given. The BSides Kraków volunteers and organisers have given up a significant amount of time to facilitate this conference for the benefit of the Participants.
• Respect the presenters, do not talk among yourselves during their presentations, ensure your mobile phones are muted or switched off once you are attending a presentation, avoid leaving until the end of the presentation, as to minimize disruption to the other Participants and the presenter. Heckling and constant harassment of presenters will not be tolerated.
• Asking questions is what makes this a great community, but do respect the presenter’s method for handling questions (e.g. do not interrupt to comment or jump to ask a question if the presenter prefers questions at the end of the session) and do not monopolise the presenter/speaker (be concious of time and allow other Participants the opportunity to ask questions as well).
• Treat all present at the conference fairly and equally.
• Do not discriminate unlawfully against any person.
• Allow others to express themselves and understand that all views are important even if they are not the same as your own - as long as no offence is caused even if that is unintentional.
We will be taking photographs during the whole event and we will be video-recording the sessions for both promotional and knowledge-sharing purposes. By signing up to the event (attending), you consent with Security BSides Kraków to share such media to its online (social media platforms) and offline communication channels.
The Security BSides Kraków organisers reserve the right to determine what constitutes reasonable behaviour and the right to restrict admission to the conference.
A participant must:
• Understand, respect and act at all times without prejudice to race, age, ethnic origins, disability, gender, physical and mental health, religion, sexuality or cultural background.
• Understand that all forms of discrimination, including bullying and harassment are unacceptable.
• Listen to and adhere to the organiser’s and volunteer’s instructions.
If you are having an issue with any Security BSides Kraków participant of ANY badge type, report it to a radioed member of Security BSides Kraków team (organiser or volunteer). They will call our Response Team, who will take an official incident report and determine next steps.